A Believer in Babylon- Kingly Dreams
A. Daniel’s __________ because of the king’s dream – Daniel 2:1-13
1. The king was troubled by the dream – Daniel 2:1–3 – In the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; his spirit was troubled, and his sleep left him. 2 Then the king commanded that the magicians, the enchanters, the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans be summoned to tell the king his dreams. So they came in and stood before the king. 3 And the king said to them, “I had a dream, and my spirit is troubled to know the dream.”
2. The king troubled others because of the dream – Daniel 2:5 – The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, “The word from me is firm: if you do not make known to me the dream and its interpretation, you shall be torn limb from limb, and your houses shall be laid in ruins.
3. Daniel was in trouble because of the dream – Daniel 2:12–13 – Because of this the king was angry and very furious, and commanded that all the wise men of Babylon be destroyed. 13 So the decree went out, and the wise men were about to be killed; and they sought Daniel and his companions, to kill them.
B. Daniel’s ___________ about the king’s dream – Daniel 2:14-23
1. Daniel and his friends are involved in ___________ to God – Daniel 2:16–18 – And Daniel went in and requested the king to appoint him a time, that he might show the interpretation to the king. 17 Then Daniel went to his house and made the matter known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions, 18 and told them to seek mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his companions might not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
2. Daniel and his friends are involved in ______________ of God –
Daniel 2:19–21 – Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision of the night. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. 20 Daniel answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. 21 He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
C. Daniel’s _____________of the king’s dream – Daniel 2:24-45
1. Daniel gives the ____________ of the dream – Daniel 2:27–28 – Daniel answered the king and said, “No wise men, enchanters, magicians, or astrologers can show to the king the mystery that the king has asked, 28 but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream and the visions of your head as you lay in bed are these:
2. Daniel gives the _____________ of the dream – Daniel 2:31-35
a. The great image – Daniel 2:31 – “You saw, O king, and behold, a great image. This image, mighty and of exceeding brightness, stood before you, and its appearance was frightening. “
b. The pieces of the image – Daniel 2:32–33 – The head of this image was of fine gold, its chest and arms of silver, its middle and thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay.
c. The stone cut without hands – Daniel 2:34–35 – As you looked, a stone was cut out by no human hand, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold, all together were broken in pieces, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.
3. Daniel gives the ____________ of the dream – Daniel 2:36-45
a. The Head of Gold – Daniel 2:37–38 – You, O king, the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, and the might, and the glory, 38 and into whose hand he has given, wherever they dwell, the children of man, the beasts of the field, and the birds of the heavens, making you rule over them all—you are the head of gold.
b. The Chest & Arms of Silver, the Belly and Thighs of Bronze – Daniel 2:39 – Another kingdom inferior to you shall arise after you, and yet a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.
c. The Legs – Daniel 2:40 – And there shall be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron, because iron breaks to pieces and shatters all things. And like iron that crushes, it shall break and crush all these.
d. The Feet and Toes – Daniel 2:41–42 – And as you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom, but some of the firmness of iron shall be in it, just as you saw iron mixed with the soft clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were partly iron and partly clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly brittle.
e. The Stone cut without hands – Daniel 2:44 – And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever,
D. Daniel’s ___________ through the king’s dream – Daniel 2:46-49
1. The king is ____________ by Daniel – Daniel 2:46–47 – Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face and paid homage to Daniel, and commanded that an offering and incense be offered up to him. 47 The king answered and said to Daniel, “Truly, your God is God of gods and Lord of kings, and a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this mystery.”
2. Daniel is ____________by the king – Daniel 2:46–47 – Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face and paid homage to Daniel, and commanded that an offering and incense be offered up to him. 47 The king answered and said to Daniel, “Truly, your God is God of gods and Lord of kings, and a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this mystery.”
This week as a Believer in Babylon I should:
Sunday – Continue or start our Daniel Devotions
Monday – Review Sunday’s Study Guide
Tuesday –Write down 3 things you need God to preform a miracle for
Wednesday – Pick two friends who might pray with you for a miracle
Thursday – Knowing that God controls the future, give Him your future
Friday – Pray through Daniel 2
Saturday – Review this past Sunday’s Study Guide